greenhouse alpha test program
Greenhouse is a specialized cloud service designed to make self-hosting your own website, email, web services, etc, as easy as possible.
We don't ask you to compromise on privacy or security: it's your server, we simply make it reliably accessible on the internet.
For more in-depth information, see the project page: greenhouse.server.garden
"As a user, I want my server to be online 😀"
7 minutes 42 seconds
feedback / bug reports
Please use the comments form below to leave feedback or report issues.
Please Note these comments are a public forum!
- the UI text on the mac version of the desktop app is a bit too small.. ? - the greenhouse web app will log you out randomly if you use it for a long time (refresh session does not work) - change personal subdomain is somewhat buggy, requires you to restart the desktop app / re-create your tunnels - the desktop app listening port chooser is kinda jacked up right now - it always displays "test" for the program name - need some way to sudo it on mac and linux so it can actually get the pids and program names from the sockets. - the built in web server (caddy) needs error pages (502, 404, etc), right now it simply returns a blank page - built in web server (caddy) logs are nearly impossible to read due to them being JSON-formatted - should separate the built in web server (caddy) access logs from caddy admin/cert info log - the background service (greenhouse-daemon) can get locked up when a threshold test fails (apply config mutex never unlocked?) - the debian .deb package incorrectly shows "proprietary" license and icon is missing in Ubuntu Software app https://github.com/mherrmann/fbs/blob/b89fc5723e51cddcdfd789d6df6b50384160c1af/fbs/installer/linux.py#L34 https://fpm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cli-reference.html#general-options see --license
Known issues fixed in rc2 (release candidate 2) version:
- the desktop app defaults to an empty subdomain on tunnels, which will throw an error - the desktop app will complain if you put uppercase letters in the server name even though they are technically allowed
Registering a Greenhouse account constitutes your agreement to the following terms:
- You certify that you are at least 16 years of age
- If you are under 16 you are welcome to use Greenhouse, however you must ask your parent or legal guardian to register an account under their name
- You consent to the collection of telemetry data related your use of the service / software
- We collect this data solely to help us discover / debug issues with the Greenhouse service and software
- This data is stored on our server, and will never be copied or shared outside of our physical premises. We intend to delete it permanently after the alpha test program completes
Greenhouse’s source code is currently licensed under the GNU General Public License v3. This means you are allowed to modify it, create your own version of it, etc, as long as you publish your work on the internet.
GREENHOUSE AND ITS CLIENT SOFTWARE PACKAGES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND